Leviton are a leader in network solutions who provide complete cabling and connectivity systems to customers all over the world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis, in Leigh.
To provide support to production to enable them to produce high quality products efficiently in the most cost-effective methods. To constantly review processes to optimize efficiency and to improve productivity
Key Responsibilities: -
- Fully understand the capability of the manufacturing equipment, and working with maintenance, ensure it is in optimum operating condition at all times, and user friendly and above all, safe.
- Provide support to production on a daily basis to enable them to meet the production plan and maintain customer on-time delivery, including process troubleshooting, checking machine set-up and functionality and checking materials meet specified requirements.
- Perform factory experiments for the Design and Development Department, which may include process/machine design and modification work and the understanding of processing new materials.
- Identify any potential upgrades to the production area, including manufacturing equipment, that will improve process quality, efficiency and reduction of waste.
- Work with the Design and Development and Quality departments to carry out FMEA and implement robust solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Proactively identify quality weaknesses and implement effective control solutions.
- Lead and facilitate problem-solving teams to achieve specific production objectives and continuous improvement targets.
- Develop, monitor and audit shop floor documentation, e.g. process instructions and standard operating procedures to meet various ISO accreditation's.
- Manage the specification, installation and commissioning of new plant and manufacturing equipment.
- Critically review the manufacturing process and ensure it is optimised for best productivity and efficiency.
Minimum of Degree qualification, or equivalent, in a relevant engineering discipline
- Operating in a fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines.
- Background in Manufacturing is essential, though experience in an electrical cable manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of materials, particularly the polymers used in the manufacture of a broad range of speciality cables would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong MS Office, particularly Excel skills.
- Excellent problem solver. • Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise, multitask whilst retaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- A working knowledge of Baan MRP system is desirable, as would the ability to use AutoCad.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
To apply please send your CV with covering letter outlining your salary expectations and notice period to the HR Team - email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th February 2019.
No recruitment agencies please!